May is one of my favourite months of the year. I met my husband in May, and married him 2 years later also in May. We usually get a glimpse of the warmer weather this month, but this May has been a total disappointment. I say this as I am sat here with the heating ON ! So here are some of the things we have been up to this month
1) At the start of the month I went to my first blogging conference. Even though I was a mixture of nerves and excitement, I thoroughly enjoyed the day. I met lots of awesome and friendly bloggers, ate cake, drank Prosecco, and came home with the most amazing goody bags.
2) I am an ambassador for the Crocky Trail in Chester, and we went on our first visit this month. Its such a fantastic place, and the kids (and us) had some back to basics fun. We have an annual pass so I know we will be visiting again very soon.
3) The tween had an operation on his toe. Now whilst this is not awesome, the way he handled being knocked out, and the after effects of the operation were awesome. He never complained of any pain, and he made me proud that he has not milked it (totally not like me).
4) Katie got Star of the Week and we were invited in for the celebration assembly. She received it for ‘Good manners and being a good role model to the rest of her class’.
5) We celebrated 14 years of marriage on the 12th May. 14 years !!!! I can’t believe how quick the time has gone. He is still my soul mate, and we had a night of shopping and a meal at The Trafford Centre to celebrate. And I got a gorgeous new charm for my Pandora.
6) We decided to join David Lloyd on a family membership. I am loving getting back into swimming 3 times a week, and the kids have really been enjoying the kids clubs they run. I think its going to be a great investment into our health and family time.
7) I enjoyed a night at the theatre with my best friend watching Dirty Dusting. It was a really funny play, and had Chrissy Rock in it who is fantastic.
8) Whilst half term has been fairly quiet (due to tweens toe still being bandaged), we have had some lovely family time just chilling out at home. We also managed a night out at TGI Fridays which was fun.
9) Tomorrow the boys are off to Comic and Film Con in Manchester. The tween has been so excited since I purchased the tickets, and I know they will have a great time.
10) I have worked really hard on my blog this month. I have been getting involved in more linkys, and have been busy establishing relationships with brands and PR people. My stats have been the best since last June, and whilst I know stats are not overly important, I am quietly pleased with my progress this month.
So onwards to June where we have a night away planned, Katie on her cub camp weekend and hubby on a stag night.
You can catch up on previous months here