A quarter of the way through the year and time for another post to look back at the things we have done during March. Normally March is a fairly quiet time, but this month seems to have been hectic. So here are our 10 reasons why March was awesome
1) The tween graded in Karate and got his purple and white belt. He is now only 3 belts away from becoming a black belt, which he will hopefully achieve by the end of High School
2) My mum and I had a lovely evening at the theatre watching Twopence to cross the Mersey. We had both read the book about twenty years ago, and it was lovely to see it come to life on the stage. After the play we went to the after show party where we were treated to wine and some amazing canapés.
3) I had a lovely Mothers Day and we visited Trentham Gardens in Stoke, and finished our day with a meal at Frankie and Bennys. And I got a free bottle of wine from them…. Winner
4) We had daughters parents evening, and it was nice to hear her teacher say she is a joy to have in class and no problems in school.
5) Sticking with school we also had the tweens options evening at High School. I swear it was only 5 minutes ago we were bringing him home from the hospital, and here he is deciding which subjects to choose for his GCSEs.
6) Daughter and I enjoyed some girlie time at the theatre watching Frozen Sing-a-Long. It was nice to go out just the 2 of us, and this is something I will plan to do more as we tend to go out as a family.
7) Sticking with the theatre (I have been very cultured this month !) daughter sang on stage as she is part of the school choir. It was lovely to see her representing her school, and she enjoyed the evening.
8) Husband and I managed a night out to ‘cub bingo’. Yes this is still classed as a night out in my eyes ! We sat with our close friends and had a great night as always though we won nothing !!! We did however help to raise over £800 for our Scout group which is fantastic.
9) We enjoyed a few hours at a local David Lloyd club on Sunday. We had a really chilled out time swimming with the kids, and then a bite to eat in their restaurant.
10) I treated myself to some lovely Spring flowers. I am going to do this on a more regular basis as they really do make me smile. Hopefully Spring will be on its way soon.
You can catch up on previous months here