Well February went in the blink of an eye as it seems to do every year. I loved doing my 10 reasons why January was awesome post, so I am going to continue this and do one at the end of every month. So here are my 10 reasons why February was awesome…..
1) Hubby and I enjoyed a fantastic Sunday lunch at the gorgeous Cottons Hotel in Knutsford. The 3 course meal was courtesy of a Twitter competition I won back in December.
2) We enjoyed a day out at Chester Zoo. Even though we only live 20 minutes away, we hadn’t visited for around 4 years. We will definitely return again when the new attraction ‘Islands of Chester Zoo’ opens in the Spring.
3) Katie got ‘cub of the week’ and enjoyed bringing the trophy home with her. She absolutely loves cubs and I know she tries her hardest when she goes.
4) Half term was mainly spent chilling out with the kids, and meeting up with friends. After a crazy busy January it was just what we needed, no plans and plenty of PJ days.
5) I became Cruella for one evening, daughter was my Dalmatian, and hubby became the Doc from Back to the Future. All in the name of celebrating a friends 30th birthday. We had a great evening, and it was fantastic to see how much effort everyone had made. My personal favourite was Alan from The Hangover films.
6) At the beginning of the month we went and got our new budgie. It was 5 months since our last one flew to budgie heaven, and we felt it was time for a new pet. We chose an all yellow one and named her Annabelle. Its lovely to see the kids spending so much time talking to her.
7) I enjoyed a great evening at the theatre with my best friend watching Rita Sue and Bob too. The play is based on a film which was aired in 1987. We had actually seen the very same play, in the same theatre 21 years ago !
8) We enjoyed a night out with our close friends whilst my mum looked after the kids. I love our nights out, chatting, laughing, eating and drinking (though we were all on soft drinks).
9) Hubby and I enjoyed a lovely Valentines meal at home, and even better he did the cooking.
10) After ‘accidentally’ changing the theme on my blog, I decided to stick with the new theme I have now. I then decided to design my own header, and I am really pleased with it.
Looking forward to seeing what March has in store for us. Hopefully some warmer weather and lighter nights.